The mission of the South Carolina Bar Foundation (SCBF) is to promote justice by funding legal access and education. The SCBF accomplishes this mission by giving grants to a variety of law related organizations around the state. These organizations provide direct legal services, access to justice and law-related education.
The SCBF is seeking members of the SC Bar Young Lawyers Division to be Ambassadors. The Ambassadors program was established in 2015 to introduce newer lawyers to the Foundation and the organizations we support. The goal is to raise awareness of the SCBF mission throughout the South Carolina legal community and beyond. The Ambassador program provides a great opportunity for newer lawyers to network with a variety of lawyers on our board and with our grantee partners.
If you are a member of the YLD, are interested in public service and want to help spread the word about the wonderful organizations we support, we want you!
Please contact Megan Seiner, Executive Director of the SCBF, to learn more about the Ambassadors program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-576-3786. For a list of our current grantee partners, click here.
- SC Bar Member in good standing
- Member of the South Carolina Bar YLD
- Live or work in South Carolina
- Due to the conflict of interest, attorneys that work for organizations eligible to receive funding from the South Carolina Bar Foundation cannot participate in the Ambassador program.
- Help develop events to raise awareness of the SCBF and our grantee partners
- Participate in Ambassador activities/events
- Act as Ambassador liaisons and on certain Foundation board committees
- Participate in grantee applicant visits/evaluations
- Attend SCBF events
- Brief statement of interest
- Contact information for two references
The deadline to apply is Friday, March 24, 2017.
Ambassador Program Application